The Freight Transport Association (FTA) has launched the Logistics Awards to commemorate leadership and excellence in supply chain. Those (as businesses or individuals) who have achieved the peak of success in their sector (for the first time) will be presented with the FTA Logistics Awards to celebrate their achievement. The Judging procedure will take place during October and the winners will be announced at the awards ceremony which will be held on the 13th of December 2017 at the Intercontinental, in Park Lane, London. The ceremony will be attended by leaders in the sector and there will be a keynote address from Jesse Norman (MP), Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for the Department of Transport.
There will also be an induction of the inaugural members of the FTA Logistics Hall of Fame- this is to recognize their significant contribution in keeping the United Kingdom industry at the leader of the global economy.
“The FTA Awards will recognize excellence and leadership amongst the companies that drive the wheels of commerce and truly keep Britain trading,” said Chief Executive Officer, David Wells. “We will be showcasing the best that the logistics and supply chain industry has to offer and rewarding companies and individuals who have gone the extra mile to innovate.”
8 Categories For Awards:
- Freight Carrier of the Year (includes road, rail, air, sea and 3PL).
- Retail Shipper of the Year.
- Manufacturing Shipper of the Year.
- Logistics Partner of the Year (consultants, recruitment, technology, services).
- Logistics Innovator of the Year (open to all).
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Essential Services (for infrastructure. maintenance companies, utilities and highways authorities).
- Logistics Champion of the Year for Public Services (for Emergency services, Local Authorities, NHS Trusts and outsourced service providers).
- FTA Hall of Fame-selected by FTA for individuals who have demonstrated long term commitment and impact to the industry).
To enter an award, all you have to do is describe (in less than 600 words) how your business has demonstrated leadership and excellence in this industry- in 2017. This could be a specific project related to employment and training, environment, customer care, technology, transformation, operational efficiency, innovation, and safety. The nominated initiative should be something that has had a significant impact and exceptional results. Entries are open until 9th October 2017.
- Entry is via email.
- Companies can enter more than one category if they qualify, but are permitted only one entry per category.
- T&Cs apply.
- Judges’ decision is final.
- Companies must provide contact details.
- Can add supporting PDFs/pictures.
For more information go to: www.fta.co.uk/events/logistics-awards.html