In these tough economic times, many Warehouse Managers are put under pressure to find ways to cut costs, speed up processes and ultimately get ahead of the pack. When looking for ways to improve efficiency, a good place to start is to consider investing in a Warehouse Management System (WMS). Research has shown that companies who could benefit from a new WMS system generally fall into one of three categories:
- Small businesses that are quickly expanding but currently have no warehouse software system in place and are using Excel or even just paper.
- Warehouse system veterans who are running outdated systems with minimal functionality.
- Those who have a WMS system but there are issues with the system or it has not met business needs.
Does your company fall into one of these categories? If so, here are a few tell-tale signs that it may be time to implement the right WMS system:
Signs of Warehousing Inefficiency
- Customers are complaining about late deliveries or receiving incorrect orders.
- It is not easy to tell where the order is in the process.
- Pick lists are difficult to generate with your current system.
- Order fulfillment is a slow, labour intensive process.
- It is a challenge to keep track of inventory volumes and locate items within the warehouse.
- Your current system is limited and cannot be customized for your needs. There may not be any updates or a lack of supplier support.
- There is a need for a system that can be integrated with your accounting software or hardware such as barcode scanners.
Features of a Good Warehouse Management System
Often people assume that all WMS systems are the same, in fact, when considering a new system, you need to assess your particular needs and look for the right fit that will streamline all your supply chain processes. There are countless benefits of implementing a Warehousing Management System for constant, real-time inventory control. Detailed information is easily accessible for complete transaction tracking, enabling you to manage your resources more effectively, cutting down on costs. The system you choose should be customizable, easy to integrate with your current systems and flexible enough to scale with company growth.
When investing in a WMS choose a company with a proven record, View Dovetails Warehouse Management System Solutions Now