Purchasing logistics software to ensure the success of your business is a big decision and investment. Therefore, it is crucial for you to ensure that your logistics software provider of choice will not only provide you with a solution but the support to ensure that you are deriving the maximum benefits from that solution as well.
Can Business Still Be Personal?
Owing to globalisation and consumerism, business has become impersonal. Banks can no longer give individual attention to each customer but ensure communication through mass marketing. In addition, most companies have call centers armed with the tasks of sorting out any problems and queries customers might have.
While this is not always idea,l it is the only way to ensure that all customers receive support. However, when it comes to big investments, such as transport software or warehouse software, it is imperative to ensure that your software provider will never put you on hold as time in the logistics industry equals large sums of money.
Putting Your Needs First
The one thing you need from a logistics software provider is a company that will give you advice not in their best interest but in yours, that will not tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear.
A logistics software provider is more than just a provider, it is a lifelong partnership. When entering into an agreement, you need to make sure that your logistics management provider is in it for the long haul, meaning the success of your company is equally as important to them as the success of theirs.
A logistics software provider needs to offer you the following:
- 24/7 after sales support.
- On the job training with the option of additional training for new staff members.
- Access to an account manager who can build a relationship with you and get to know the ins and outs of your business.
- Software solutions that can be customised and configured to your business growth and needs.
- Continuous improvements to logistics management software solutions to tackle industry challenges.
- A commitment to ensuring improved fleet management and logistics management for your company.
- Advise regarding transport and logistics regulations and best practice.